Clinics & Services
We offer a range of clinics, including Ante Natal, Asthma, Baby Immunisations, CHD, COPD, Diabetes, Family Planning, Heart Failure, Hypertension, Minor Surgery, Well Woman and Minor Illness Clinic.
Minor Illness Clinic - The practice has recently introduced a Minor Illness Clinic to deal with: urinary tract infections, earache, thrush, insect bites, boils, conjunctivitis (itchy / sticky eyes), impetigo and upper respirstory tract infections (colds). By providing our reception staff with as much information as possible, they will be able to offer you an appointment with the most appropriate member of the practice team.
Please telephone the Practice on Lossiemouth 0345 337 1190,
Certain services provided by your doctor are not covered by the NHS, and you will be asked to pay a fee in line with BMA policy. These include Pre-employment Medicals, Insurance Claims, Fitness to Drive Medicals, Private Medicals and Private Certificates.
CLAN are a voluntary service offering support to cancer patients and their families. They hold a 'drop in service' in the surgery on Thursdays from 1-4pm, they will be happy to discuss fears and concerns over a cup of tea.
SMOKING CESSATION AND HEALTHY LIFESTYLE ADVICE
On Tuesdays the Healthpoint team from Dr Grays offers appointment service in the Practice.
Hopeman Community Minibus
If you are having trouble getting to Moray Coast Medical Practice in Lossiemouth, there is now a dedicated Booking Line number - 07485 561007.
When you call, please have all the following information available:
1. Your name
2. Your phone number (both landline if you have one and mobile)
3. Your address including postcode
4. The date the journey is required
5. The time and place of your appointment
6. Whether you require a return journey and the desired pick up time; the minibus will wait for you
7. If you are unable to enter and exit the minibus yourself (it has 2 staircase sized steps), they would highly recommend that you bring someone from your COVID support bubble along to help you. Please make them aware of this at the time of booking.
8. Finally, will you be using a walking aid other than a walking stick?
The booking line is not manned continuously as they are all volunteers with other commitments, so you may well have to leave a message and they will get back to you.
Please be aware that the Minibus does not have a lift facility so cannot accommodate those in wheelchairs. Also be aware that the wearing of seatbelts and face masks is currently a condition of carriage unless you are medically exempt for either.
Their volunteer drivers will also be wearing masks, and have COVID procedures in place for cleaning the minibus between trips.