In order to process any request for medical information or a 'quick signature' for a form these are the stages we have to go through for each request and this is the reason we charge for non NHS services - list of charges below.
Practice administrative staff must:
- Check all relevant paperwork is provided
- If a fee hasn't already been set, formal notification of the doctors proposed fee and any further terms and conditions relating to the completion of the report should be communicated and agreed by both parties
- Check that the patient has signed consent if appropriate
- Log the arrival of the document in the practice system
- Search patient notes and marry up with the information request
- Allocate to the GP
- Once the report has been completed ensure copies are made and kept within the Practice record system
- Make diary entry or bring forward date to post completed report
- Complete payment claim form, log date of postage or report to relevant authority
- Assimilate contents of request, confirm patient consent has been granted to divulge if in order, and ascertain whether or not the Access to Medical Reports Act, Data Protection Act or Access to Health Records Act, applies.
- Read all GP notes, hospital letters and laboratory results contained within the patient record - this is to ensure, as far as possible, that the facts they certify in a report or certificate are correct.
- Produce an appropriate response, either in writing, typed directly onto electronic report template, or by dictatio. Check and sign the final draft. Once signed, the report and any manual notes held should be returned to the administrator for copying and filing.
MORAY COAST MEDICAL PRACTICE
PRIVATE CHARGES – 2018
Certificates not requiring an examination
- Straight forward certificates of fact/letters £20.00
- (freedom from infection/private ins. Claim form/private sick note/vaccination certificate)
- More complex certificates £35.00 - £53.00
- Holiday cancellation £20.00
- Record of Immunisations £20.00
Reports and Examinations
- Extract from records £58.50
- Report on a pro forma, no examination £75.75
- Comprehensive clinical examination including report, certificate, or completion of
necessary forms: 30 mins £113.00
45 mins £169.50
- Computerised records £10.00 max.
- Manual or combined manual/computerised records £50.00 max.
- Taxi medicals/fitness to drive medicals/no exam £35.00
- Full medical 30 mins £113.00/£169.50
- Local authority 45 mins £113.00
- Report - no examination £98.50
- Report proforma £66.00
- Certificate of incapacity £20.00
Power of Attorney £50.00
With GP in attendance £100.00
Travel Immunisations –plus chemist fees £20.00 each
- Fitness to travel letter £20.00
Overseas Visitors (Evidence of identification required i.e. passposrt/visa)
- Holders of E111 no charge
- Others (see temporary resident guideline) Private Consultation £55.00
Issue of private prescription £15.50
Chemist fees apply